- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Neu-Technikum Buchs, Switzerland.
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering from Boston University, USA.
- Executive MBA in General Management from University of St.Gallen (HSG), Switzerland.
- Additional, formal training in Mergers & Acquisitions, Finance, Law & Intellectual Property Rights, but also Investment Goods Marketing and Agile Methodologies, as well as in particular Soft Skills, Cross-Cultural & Change Management.
Professional Career :
It basically consists of four phases, each one building on the previous ones and adding an additional set of skills and competencies :
- Gaining a broad range of functional and management experience in a truly
global environment of a large Swiss technology group.
- Specifically enhancing my competencies in international Sales & Marketing in
two Swiss technology SMEs (security and software).
- Strengthening my skills in Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions (Private Equity industry), Strategy Development and in General Management, including Board Assignments for various high-tech companies as a Partner of a leading Swiss Venture Capital firm.
- Strategically & operationally leading organizations in various countries for two global technology groups, improving the respective Top- and Bottom-lines by combining in a comprehensive approach technical, financial and organizational competencies. In most cases these assignments were combined with a Turnaround, M&A Transaction, Post-Merger Integration or similar.
Leading different types of Business Development assignments & Business Transformations across the globe were often an integral part of my 'normal' management roles throughout my entire career. Most of the time in a market-oriented General Management role, but also with a strong focus on the 'hands-on' implementation of Operational Performance and Business Excellence combined with Lean Management. Covering the entire value chain from R&D and product management, sales & marketing, manufacturing, engineering to project and service execution.
For a more complete and chronological documentation of my professional activities and employments, you may wish to visit my LinkedIn profile.