- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Neu-Technikum Buchs, Switzerland.
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering from Boston University, USA.
- Executive MBA in General Management from University of St.Gallen (HSG), Switzerland.
- Additional, formal training in Mergers & Acquisitions, Finance, Law & Intellectual Property Rights, but also Investment Goods Marketing and Agile Methodologies, as well as in particular Soft Skills, Cross-Cultural & Change Management, and last, but not least ...
- Executive Program on Digital Transformation for Growth at the National University of Singapore.
Professional Career :
It basically consists of four phases, each one building on the previous ones and adding an additional set of skills and competencies :
- Gaining a broad range of functional and management experience in a truly
global environment of a large Swiss technology group.
- Specifically enhancing my competencies in international Sales & Marketing in
two Swiss technology SMEs (security and software).
- Strengthening my skills in Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions (Private Equity industry), Strategy Development and in General Management, including Board Assignments for various high-tech companies as a Partner of a leading Swiss Venture Capital firm.
- Strategically & operationally leading organizations in various countries for two global technology groups, improving the respective Top- and Bottom-line by combining in a comprehensive approach technical, financial and organizational competencies.
In most cases these assignments were combined with some form of transformation, like Growing a business, Turnaround, M&A Transaction, Post-Merger Integration or similar.
Leading different types of Business Development assignments and Business Transformations across the globe were often an integral part of my 'normal' management roles throughout my entire career. Most of the time in a market-oriented General Management role, but also with a strong focus on the 'hands-on' implementation of Operational Performance and Business Excellence combined with Lean Management and an increased use of Digital Technologies. Covering the entire value chain from R&D and product management, sales & marketing, manufacturing, engineering to project and service execution.
For a more complete and chronological documentation of my professional activities and employments, you may wish to visit my LinkedIn profile.