Private Equity Investment Management
Industry & Scope :
- Private Equity and Venture Capital, from 'Seed' up to 'Expansion'.
- Related to technology companies in :
- Digital Media,
- Medical Devices and
- Advanced Materials,
which were located in Switzerland, EU Countries and the USA.
Role / Function :
- Investment Partner of a leading Venture Capital firm in Switzerland and ...
- Board Member / Board Observer for several Portfolio Companies.
Business Context :
- Screening and assessing of new investments.
- Investment management of existing portfolio companies.
- Leading / coaching of these portfolio companies at Board and operational level.
- Actively coaching, guiding and providing comprehensive support to portfolio
companies in :
- Strategy review, development & implementation.
- The definition of Business Models in line with market requirements,
Go-to-Market Strategies as well as Marketing & Sales Management.
- Planning and implementation of restructuring measures.
- Handling of demanding customer projects.
- Financial planning and controlling.
- HR Management of senior managers.
- IPR Management.
- Managing companies throughout their entire life cycle.
- Operational management of a software company as CEO during a turnaround.
- Jury Member of the Swiss Technology Award.
- As part of the investment management :
- Fund raising.
- Review of potential new investments.
- Due diligences in the context of new investments.
- Re-Financing (Lead Investor and as part of Investment Syndicates),
valuations and negotiation with shareholders, banks & creditors.
- Execution of several M&A Projects (share & asset deals).
- Foundation of a Joint Venture in Italy.
- Achieving the successful turnaround of the above mentioned software company.
- Operationally and financially optimized development of the portfolio companies.
- Successful implementation of exits for several portfolio companies.