M&A Transaction & IPR Transfer
Industry & Scope :
- Security Products at field level as well as management station level (i.e. software), which were brought into the large technology group via the Irish subsidiaries of the acquisition in India.
- Product business in Ireland, incl. export, mainly to Europa and India and related R&D activities in India & Ireland.
Role / Function :
- Project Manager for the entire transaction.
Business Context :
- The involved organizations and authorities for the transaction spread across India, Ireland and UK as the legal residence of the selling entities and Switzerland , Germany and Sweden as the legal residence of the receiving entities.
- Due to large number of different external and internal parties involved, a wide array of diverging interests had to be taken care of by applying the required sensitivity.
- To be able to execute the transaction, the legal and financial structures as well as the shareholdings had to be adapted in a first step.
- As a base for the different sub-transactions, business plans had been prepared. Subsequently, the related valuations and fairness opinions were arranged.
- In order to minimize the potential risks from different perspectives, various options
for the implementation were designed and a balanced solution was negotiated with all stakeholders.
- Transfer of the ownership of related companies , as well as concentration and transfer
of the different Intellectual Property Rights to the designated future owners.
- Transaction completed successfully, incl. approval by all public authorities involved and serving the interests of the different parties adequately.