Global Business & Corporate Development within large technology group
Industry & Scope :
- Division of a technology group, for network control, protection, substation automation & communications for electrical power transmission & distribution.
- 60 local sales & engineering offices, incl.
assembly & services (see map on the right).
Role / Function :
- Corporate & Business Development Manager, being responsible for these local sales & engineering offices.
Bussines Context :
- These local sales & engineering offices executed the majority of the local projects of this division, however with limited profitability only.
- Hands-on support and coaching of local organizations in all business aspects. In
particular the handling of more demanding projects and the development of these
- A thorough analysis of the local businesses across the globe showed that the worksplit between central and local units was not defined properly, often resulting in a suboptimal allocation of business execution.
- Consequently, designed and implemented a new business model based on 'Certification'
of the local organizations, optimizing the business scope executed locally, by reflecting
on capabilities & capacities of the related parties.
- Substantial growth and in particular, significantly improved profitability.
- The 'Certification' scheme remained in place for many more years, despite several reorganizations.